Why is your F.A.Q. so candid and why should I read it?
The real question is why aren't all FAQs transparent, informative and 100% candid? We want to exceed guest expectations and find campers that are seeking the experience, all while weeding out potential guests that won't have said experience. We read somewhere, from someone way smarter than us, that square pegs don't fit in round holes. Are you the peg to our hole? Read on!
What is "Glamping?" And is it right for me?
Glamping is a combination of the terms "glamorous" and "camping." You WILL be camping, but our version of camping is as comfortable as camping can be! Camping Simplified is what we call it. Welcome to Glamping Unplugged!
Which category do you fall in?
1. NEW TO CAMPING: This is the best way to get your feet wet! You may be stepping slightly outside your comfort zone, but not to worry, your comfort is paramount, we have thought ahead and your payoff awaits! Consider "Glamping" the kiddie pool, you simply are not ready for the deep-end of buying gear, planning what to bring and lugging supplies! We did all the thinking for you and will provide you a checklist. Arrive with an open-mind and your time may be transformative, you're welcome. Welcome to Glamping Unplugged!
2. CAMPING REGULARS: Glamping will be next-level for you! You will be in your element, but with NO lugging around a tent, cooler, pillows, blankets, etc. The hard work is already done and a King + Bunks await you. More time for the fun stuff. This is when you reserve and click your heels. Now would be a good time. Go ahead, we will wait... Welcome to Glamping Unplugged!
3. HYBRID: Maybe you are experienced, but your better half isn't or you are bringing kids camping for the first time? Jump in, the water is warm (figuratively, not always literally). Arrive optimistic and with kid's eyes. You will leave recharged and reconnected and with the payoff under your belt. Welcome to Glamping Unplugged!
THE SMALL PRINT (in bold and in regular type size): If the thought of encountering a bug visitor concerns you, glamping-camping is probably not your cup of tea. Probably best to stay in your lane and rent a cabin. If "Glamping" does not elicit excitement and poke your adventurous side, more than likely we are not for you (woomp, woomp, sad face, sad face). No worries, let's part as friends and not force anything. Glamping is not for everyone, we understand this! But promise you will find another way to disconnect, recharge and immerse yourself in Nature because we know the service we provide and the experience we have curated is important for you and your family!
What We Provide:
- An Instagram-worthy nature-immersive experience;
- A primitive, private camping site (1 of only 3) on 8.5 acres with 1200 feet of state stocked trout stream;
- 20' wide, 10' tall, 300 square foot, steel, geodesic dome tent on a huge deck;
- King Bed + Bunk Beds (sleeps 4) with Linens, Pillows, Comforter and Towels provided;
- Fire Pit + Chimenea or PYRO TOWER, Outdoor Seating including Hammocks;
- Charcoal grill, well-insulated cooler, board games, compostable bowls, cutlery and cups;
- Two 22,000mAh battery-powered USB power packs (to recharge lighting, cells and interior fans);
- Camping wipes to deodorize yourself (or use the stream!) & a new, private port-o-let toilet (private for your own use); and
- All the Nature one needs and maybe a little bit of Whimsy along the way!
* During the winter months ONLY (Nov thru March), we provide firewood and starter logs for the tent stove Domes, but NOT for the fire pits. You are responsible for fire wood for the fire pits, we will provide enough firewood for the tent stove!
What We Do NOT Provide:
- Electricity. We provide rechargeable USB battery packs to illuminate your tent at night, charge your iPhones and get your camping fans moving during the summer months.
- Plumbing. Bring Your Own Water. The stream is crystal clean for bathing (not drinking and you CANNOT USE SOAP - we provide towelettes to clean your underarms properly) and we provide a brand new port-o-john (cleaned daily) and toilet paper.
- WiFi. You are already over-connected and this is the time to reconnect by disconnecting. Reignite romance, breathe in nature, spark conversation, play a board game, make S'Mores. Reconnect and soak in anything but 5G. This is why you chose Glamping Unplugged! We promise there will be a connection, just not to Alexa.
- Firewood for the fire pits or chimeneas! We provide firewood only for the interior tent stoves.
What You Should Bring:
- Water, and plenty of it (BYO-H2O). You will be less than 15 minutes from a Food Lion grocery store (Old 421 S, Boone NC). And we supply a heavy-duty pull-cart to bring items to your Dome.
- Ice for the cooler (10 pounds/night). Charcoal for the grill. Spices and food for the grill. Cooking pots and pans and a way to make your coffee (or go cold coffee). A bathing suit and fishing pole!
- A camera phone! You will want to share your Instagram-worthy photos with friends and family. And if you tag photos of your family enjoying your camping/glamping experience @glampingunplugged or with #glampingunplugged, and share with us directly via text or IG, we can refund a little or discount a future stay.
- A flashlight, umbrellas and raincoat (in case of inclement weather).
- Cooking gear (pots, pans, oil, spices, salt & pepper).
- Firewood for the chimenea or fire pit (we provide wood for the tent stoves).
- The correct mindset. We realize many of you are camping for the first time and this excites us. Camping is an experience, just have fun with it. Go with the flow. We promise the payoff at the end!
- TURN ON NAVIGATION & PULL UP OUR CHECK-IN INSTRUCTIONS ON YOUR SMART PHONE 30 MINUTES OUT - YOU WILL LOSE CELL SERVICE! Mapquest and Navigation will bring you right to our driveway. Please screen shot directions AND your lockbox code!
- DO NOT DRIVE OVER THE BRIDGE!!! Park without blocking the bridge or the creek. Unload your belongings into the provided heavy duty camping cart and hike 200 yards to your Dome.
- Please arrive AFTER 3pm and during daylight hours (it makes it so much easier)
- You will receive the address and lockbox code 3 days before arrival. Please screenshot your lockbox code!
- Do NOT strip beds. Cleaners will handle that.
- Please tidy up before you depart and return furniture if you moved anything.
- Return the cart to your parking area.
- Do not forget to return the key to the lock box!
- Send us some photos and videos for Instagram or Facebook via text.
- Tag @glampingunplugged or use #glampingunplugged when you post about your experience!
|DOME CHOICES:||Original||Tree House||Dark Sky|
|Will Plant 1 Tree for Your Booking||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Sleeps 4 (King + Bunk Beds)||Yes||Yes||-|
|Sleeps 2 (Queen)||-||-||Yes|
|"Built-In Deck" Cargo Net Hammocks||-||Yes||-|
|8' Privacy Wall Inside the Dome||Yes||-||-|
|Winterized: Tent Stove + Insulation||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wood Provided for Tent Stove ONLY||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pillow + Linens + Blankets||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Battery Chargers + Lighting + Fans||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Shower Wipes + Private Toilet||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Charcoal Grill + Cooler||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|On the Creek w/ Stairs into the Creek||Yes||Yes||-|
|Actual Tree House Over the Creek||-||Yes||-|
|Wood Provided for Fire Pit||-||-||-|
|Deck Chimney (Retro or PyroTower)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wood Provided for Deck Chimney||-||-||-|
|Outdoor Seating + Hammock(s)||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Nature-immersive, eco-friendly, |
outdoorsy, camping experience
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
- I prefer to book through AIRBNB, is that OK? Sure (and it is a great spot to read real reviews). Book Here: Treehouse HERE or Original HERE or Starry Nights HERE.
- Are you Family Friendly? Absolutely! But the winter months means a hot tent stove inside your Dome which means you will need to "parent" your little ones while inside! Please call us to chat!
- Are you Pet Friendly? Yes, with an additional, one-time $35 fee and, however, our insurance requires certain breed restrictions. We are sorry and will continue to look for alternative insurers that will allow the larger protective breeds. Pre-approval required for all dogs over 45 pounds.
- Can we fish in the stream? Please do, but a fishing license is required and you can purchase one online, at an outfitter or Wal-Mart in Boone. Children are covered by an adult license.
- Can we exceed 4 guests and maybe pitch a tent? Probably not, but let's chat.
- Will you be open year-round? Yes! Both Original AND Treehouse Dome are fully insulated (floor and walls) and have a tent stove. WINTER IGLOO CAMPING!
- Does the door have a lock? Yes, we have a residential front door with a deadbolt lock. We recommend ONLY using the top deadbolt during your stay.
- How many Domes are on property? Only three on property and they are about 150 feet apart and face away from one another.
- Does each Dome have a Chimenea/Fire Pit on the deck? Yup! Our retro chimney is now permanent at Original Dome. And we purchased a second PYROTOWER (American-made, lifetime warranty steel chimenea) for the Treehouse and 3rd dome and are super happy with it! Original and Treehouse have fire pit as well!
- Can I stay a weekday for free? I have a huge social media following? Yes, maybe, ehhh? Let's chat on the Gram: @glampingunplugged
- Do you still offer small refunds or future discounts if we create content and share photos with you while on property? Yes!
- Is there plumbing? No, please bring your own bottled water to drink. BYO-H2O.
- Is there electricity? No, but we provide power chargers to keep the lights on and your cells charged! Bring the portable chargers with you when driving to recharge them if you are draining them.
- Is there WiFi? Heavens no. Unplugging will do you some good, we promise!
- Is there cell service? No, we want you to unplug. Use only your camera :)
- Is not having all 4 of these creature comforts a problem? No, it's not a problem. It is actually the solution!
- What about bathrooms? For the time being, the bathroom is a private port-o-john pumped weekly and cleaned before every guest. One private port-o-john per Dome!
- What about showers? We provide only moist, biodegradable towelettes for cleaning yourself. Feel free to have a bath in the stream, but absolutely no soaps allowed.
- Does it get warm inside the Dome during the summer? Yes, but we have a solar fan that quietly runs continuously blowing out hot air and condensation in our original dome as well as screens to swap out the windows in our Original Dome and insulation and screened windows in Treehouse & Starry Nights Dome. Plan on exploring or laze it up in a hammock outdoors during the peak heat times. NC tends to cool of in the evenings. Nature is your A/C. No charge, you are welcome.
- Does it get cold inside the Dome? Not if you are operating your tent stove!
- Can we drive to the front door, Ma has a bad knee? No, absolutely not. We have 4 reasons.
- The anticipation while walking up to the Dome for the first time is part of the experience.
- We want our little explorers to safely explore without parents having to worry about cars.
- With the exception of the charcoal grill, we want guests to experience a zero carbon footprint while on property. Did we mention we provide compostable cutlery, bowls and cups?
- That was only 3 reasons? Nobody reasonable needs more than 3 reasons not to do something. This is a hard line in the sand for us. If you drive to the Dome, you will be asked to depart.
- Why do you not make the beds? The last thing we want is for you to pull back the sheets and see a little bug that found its way inside the tent. We launder and leave a nice pile for you to make your own bed when you are ready to make your own bed to sleep in or relax.
- Is there a smoke and carbon monoxide detector? Yes, but let's not use them.
- Is this experience right for me? Please re-read our first section, "Is Glamping Right For Me?" We all need to unplug, we just don't realize it. Consider this a journey. Take the plunge. Jump in with us. It is important to get out of your comfort zone, even if only for a single night. Nature has healing powers. We can put the word "Nature" in front of any positive statement and our attorneys will approve it. Nature Needs No Hype!
Where are we located?
Our address is technically Deep Gap NC, however, we are only 8.7 miles or 15 minutes from the Blue Ridge Parkway and Boone NC. We are located off a state-maintained road that rises 30+ feet over the property creating a beautiful rock wall view from your Dome deck over the creek. You will sleep feet from a noisy state-stocked trout stream on 8.5 acres. Your Dome is in the heart of the High Country! 15 minutes to a grocery store and gas, 20 minutes to downtown Boone (upscale dining to Starbucks) and then only 6 more miles to the quaint town of Blowing Rock NC. You will be within 30-45 minutes of all the High Country has to offer from the ski resorts, whitewater rafting, zip-lining, high gravity ropes, gem mining, snow tubing, river tubing, gravity-propelled roller coaster, shopping and really good restaurants! But save time to just experience nature on property, that is why you chose us! Airports: Greensboro, Charlotte, Asheville and Tri-Cities TN are all within 2+ hours of property.